Questions from a New HTC Hero User

Last Updated:

1. lollidandy9

lollidandy9 Member This Topic's Starter

My Christmas gift this year... the HTC Hero. Quite happy so far. However because neither my hubby (he has a Palm Pre) and I have ever had an android before, I have a few questions that he can't seem to answer. So please excuse the simiplicity of my questions :eek:

1)) What is the best way to maintain good battery life? Is there a specific % I should never let the batter fall below?

2)) Besides from being able to pull ringtones from my MP3 files on my PC, are there any good websites that offer free ringtones for android devices?

3)) My Hero came packed with a whole bunch of apps that I will never use. Like NFL Mobile, Nascar, Amazon and YouTube apps. Is it okay to delete these from my phone entirely? Will doing so free up memory for bigger and/or better apps?

4)) Are there any types files or apps that I should not put on my phone?

Thanks for your help!

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Welcome aboard!

After its initial full charge, use it until you get a "low" warning a couple of times, charging fully after each. That will help condition the cells, after which you can top it up every day or so depending on use. In general don't run the battery right down in regular use - ~30% or so is considered a safe minimum to prolong life.

I'll pass on this one. I'm olde skool and hate musical ringtones. :)

I don't believe it's ordinarily possible to delete these, but I suggest you check with the folks over at the Sprint Hero forum for confirmation and any workarounds. From that list of apps I'm assuming yours is a Sprint device, anyway?

Not that I'm aware of. I use mine like a USB thumbdrive so it contains quite a few files that it can't even read!

3. afonja

afonja Well-Known Member

4. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

For #2, there is an app, called mobilo or something, that has plenty of free ringtones (just search ringtones on the market)

Check out the thread in my signature too ;)