• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

questions from an Eris user.

Ok...I have a droid eris and have updated to 2.1 awhile ago, a friend of mine got a moto droid and within his first week couldnt leave it alone, now its running froyo:eek: and is rooted:eek:, also he over clocked it :thinking:and did a couple other things. Im jealous, has anyone figured out how to get froyo for the Eris?
Thats my first question- Froyo for eris? is it possible?
also, Has anyone tried google chrome touch? Im currently looking into it, but I didnt know if there were any eris users that have done it and what their opinion is of it.
And my last question is about running the slideMe market place...
Does anyone know anything about that? I was thinking of running it for more apps and 3rd party apps, etc. But I was concerned with switching back to the android market place and running stock settings...
I should be able to switch back without any issues right?
Thank you in advance....and sorry if this seems like its all over the place, Im anxious and have a lot of questions....thanks again.:D

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones