Questions from an iPhone Convert

Last Updated:

1. hawk1882

hawk1882 New Member This Topic's Starter

I'm a recent iPhone convert, and so far I love what the Epic and Android itself has to offer. I do, however, have a few basic questions:

1. With the Touch Wiz default email app, it doesn't appear that I'm able to archive emails. I've downloaded the Gmail app in order to do so, but I do like having all of my accounts in one place. Am I simply overlooking a setting, or is it not possible to archive using the default email client?

2. If I decided to root my phone and had a warranty issue, would flashing back to a factory state restore all of the Sprint bloatware that I plan to delete (in order to make a warranty claim convincing)?

3. I'm used to having my contacts sorted by last name, first name. Is there any easy to change the default first name, last name sort on the Epic?

I know that these questions probably seem picky, but I want to make sure I'm not missing out on any features that I desire. I'd rather ask and look stupid than go through a two year contract not knowing. I apologize if my questions are base or my terminology is incorrect, but I thank you in advance for any insight you might be able to provide.

Advertisement
  2. jr_mfn_p

jr_mfn_p Well-Known Member

1) You may wanna try K9 email. I don't use it myself but I think it may do what you need it to do.

2) Yeah just as long as you back everything up you can reinstall everything and no one is the wiser

3) I think i read you can do this in 2.2 so when we get that you should be good to go. If not you may be able to get an app to accomplish this.

Hope this helps.

hawk1882 likes this.