Questions from long time Blackberry user

Last Updated:

1. DaveInNYC

DaveInNYC Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

One of the things I love about my BB is the magnetic holster, that instantly puts it into/out of sleep mode; this is great for saving battery life, and gives me quick access to emails (if I take it out of the holster in response to an alert, it will immediately bring up the relevant screen, e.g. the new email). I know that the droid can sense if it is in the car or desk dock; does anyone know if there is a magnetic holster coming out? Or can the droid only detect two magnetic "states" (i.e. car and desk dock).

Also, getting notifications from my Droid in sleep mode for emails seems to be inconsistent; does anyone know of specific settings for alerts in sleep mode?

Advertisement
  2. Tylerc66

Tylerc66 Member

I came from a blackberry and my droid sits on my desk in a dock. I would love to find an app that would turn off email forwarding to the droid when its connected to the computer like the blackberry did.

3. DaveInNYC

DaveInNYC Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What email client and server are you using? Is this gmail, or something else?

4. Tylerc66

Tylerc66 Member

I am using exchange

5. obutto

obutto Well-Known Member

Download a better email client. For the problem with the case I don't have any solutions but othera migght.

6. garment69

garment69 Well-Known Member

I would think that the droid could be programed so that when the magnet is activated it could shut the phone off rather than going into bedside mode. I dont think it could do both though. Perhaps a setting of some kind could be made.

However, I dont think you could have the droid behave like the blackberry. meaning that pulling out of the holster would wake up the phone, unlock it and then open the program where the notification came from. thats all blackberry right there!!