• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Questions galor!

First off, I'm sorry to ask questions that I am sure have been answered, but I just can't find the answers. I've tried and tried. I only mention this to show that I'm not just a lazy poster. I have made the legitimate effort that I was told I should when I subscribed to this forum.

Now for the questions:

1) Is there a way to get the apps offered by Verizon?

2) It appears that some people have gotten the new Android OS already. Is this true?

3) Will the phone alert me to the update as it normally does or do I need to find it and download it myself?

4) Finally, does anyone know when I might get the new OS or is this the question that most of us have?

Thank you,
PC49

First off, I'm sorry to ask questions that I am sure have been answered, but I just can't find the answers. I've tried and tried. I only mention this to show that I'm not just a lazy poster. I have made the legitimate effort that I was told I should when I subscribed to this forum.

Now for the questions:

1) Is there a way to get the apps offered by Verizon?

2) It appears that some people have gotten the new Android OS already. Is this true?

3) Will the phone alert me to the update as it normally does or do I need to find it and download it myself?

4) Finally, does anyone know when I might get the new OS or is this the question that most of us have?

Thank you,
PC49

1. Do you mean like VZW Tones and that stuff? No but there are many better apps in the market that will replace these apps.

2. Nobody has received the update except the testers. We will get it as soon as they release it OTA(over the air).

3. It will alert you to download it like it normally does.

4. This is the question that most of us have. They said by the end of Q1 which is 31 days away, so we'll see.

Reactions: PiperCub49
Upvote 0
Thank you so much Ty07allstar. I gather up these questions and it's so nice when somebody just answers them all like that. I have answered most all of my questions, but some I just can't answer and this thread is just fantastic when it comes to that.

I was thinking about Verizon games and there VCast features. Can I get any VCast-type features on my Eris? I haven't found any live, streaming video type of stuff.

Here is another question that I forgot about: Can you only watch videos through YouTube on the Eris? I have tried to download videos and they download with audio, but no visual anything.

-PC49

Upvote 0
I was thinking about Verizon games and there VCast features. Can I get any VCast-type features on my Eris? I haven't found any live, streaming video type of stuff.

Nope, cant do the Vcast on the Eris

Here is another question that I forgot about: Can you only watch videos through YouTube on the Eris? I have tried to download videos and they download with audio, but no visual anything.

-PC49

You can watch mp4 videos on the Eris. Check out an app called TV.com ... it allows you to watch some television shows on the Eris as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones