Questions on Android

Last Updated:

1. Doodalicious

Doodalicious Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys!

I'm new to the whole Android scene, got myself a Motorola Milestone XT in Singapore a few days ago.

Found some great apps and stuff to suit my Android to my needs, and I'm really loving Android!

I'm not intending to go into 'rooting' or other complicated stuff just about yet, but something has really been bugging me recently.

On my Android 2.1's homescreen, there is a dial/applications/messaging bar at the bottom with their respective icons. As I'm using CHOMP, I want to know if there is anyway I can launch Chomp from the messaging button, as opposed to opening the native messaging app, then defaulting to CHOMP when you compose a message?

Also, is there any way to completely remove that bar at the bottom?

I tried searching around, forums and google, but I got fed up trying to find something so specific. Sorry if it has been posted before, I hope you guys understand.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Advertisement
  2. sakmaster

sakmaster Active Member

About the bar, thats for notifications and notified you of all new messages, emails, calls, app notifications, and pretty much any updates. I don't think theres a way to remove it with out root or ROM.

3. Doodalicious

Doodalicious Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough, I had a feeling this might happen :X

I mean the buttons on the bottom of the screen, the dial, applications, messaging button respectively.