Questions on App install after flashing a ROM

Last Updated:

1. sprtsfanmm

sprtsfanmm Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So...after i bricked my phone on my first attempt to flash a ROM I waited a couple weeks. Today I successfully flashed ZapX and it seems to work. My question is: How long does it take for all of the apps to reinstall from the market? Is there a faster way?

Also: I dont remember if this rom is deodoxed or not. If not, is it safe to put 928 Blackglass on the phone with this ROM?

You guys are awesome. Thanks for helping.

Advertisement
  2. gmenfan83

gmenfan83 Well-Known Member

I am not too sure about theming this rom ....your best bet is to search the thread on this rom.....as far as app reinstallation they can sometimes take up to an hour through the market ....you may want to look into titanium backup or another backup system

3. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

Your best bet for restoring apps is to use Titanium Backup. Once you install your ROM it takes about 5-10 minutes to restore all of the apps.

4. BuTbKa

BuTbKa Well-Known Member

Well, you should use Titanium to back up your apps before you flash new ROM. Keep it in mind for next time :)

5. sprtsfanmm

sprtsfanmm Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I did use TiBU to backup before flashing. I was referencing how long it was taking for the market to install the apps again. I was under the impression that i needed to have TiBU installed to use the back up. Thats what i was talking about.

Thank you for the input. I am still learning but feeling more confident every day