• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Questions on deleting apps from screen

pentel

Sep 1, 2011
Two questions:
1. Those "buttons" marked "A" below, I can switch the screen from button 1 to button 4 by swiping them, what do you call these screens (I didn't know the Android terminology for those screens)

2. On screen 2 and 4, I can see "Kid's Mode", "Gallery" and "Tethering and Mobile". I know I could long press on these apps and drag it to the "remove apps" (something like that) at top of screen to delete them. This, I understand does not delete the apps because if I go to the Apps drawer, I can still find those apps. I can find "Gallery" in Apps Drawer but I cannot find "Kid's Mode" and "Tethering and Mobile". The questions here are:
- Are "Kid's Mode" and "Tethering and Mobile" found in Apps drawer? If not, where can they be found?
- If "Kid's Mode" and "Tethering and Mobile" are not found anywhere else, if I drag to delete them from those screens, how do I get them back when I need them in future?

SIxHU3Z.png

Samsung Galaxy S5

- Gallery - no issue , can see this in App
- Kid's Mode - found this in widgets, thanks
- Tethering and Mobile - this is the Tethering and Mobile from settings (how did they put a Settings icon on that screen)
The 3 icons can be re-added back, except for the Tethering and Mobile, I press and hold Tethering and Mobile in Settings and I can't seem to move it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones