questions on my rooted desire..please help!

Last Updated:

1. holyblood

holyblood Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

hi guys, i have a question re the whole process..i used unrevoked to root my desire n used adamg's froyo sense w/o partitioning d sd card..upon boot up to the rom, i noticed that the internal storage has the same storage space left of about only 20mb which is basically the same as with the original rom..

i now used rom manager n partioned my sd card 512mb for both ext n swap file..n upon restarting, it now has an internal mem of more than 120mb..

so my questions are:

1. Are my partitioning settings correct? 512mb for both ext and swap files? If not, what should be the ideal setings and can please someone explain what ext n swap files are and what they are for?

2. Since I partitioned the drive 'after' installing the froyo sense by adamg, do i need to reflash the rom again?

3. I noticed that after installing a number of apps from Market, it comes to a point that it's stuck at 'starting to download'..only after i deleted some other apps do i notice that i can download addtl apps again..is this because of the method i did in installing the new rom?

Hope someone can clarify these issues..thanks in advanced!

Advertisement
  2. MatthewHinton

MatthewHinton Active Member

1. I believe your partion settings are fine :) 512mb is enough for pretty much any applications.

2. You shouldnt need to reflash the ROM, however you may want to open something called spareparts and change the install location to SD or External media.

3. From my own experiences certain apps wont download/install if you have it set to external media in spare parts. Try changing it to internal and downloading again.

Hope this helps :)

3. holyblood

1. I believe your partion settings are fine :) 512mb is enough for pretty much any applications. i see thanks!

2. You shouldnt need to reflash the ROM, however you may want to open something called spareparts and change the install location to SD or External media. are you referring the one from the Market? If so, I was able to d/l it but was not able to see the option where i can change the location

Thanks for replying btw!

4. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

The correct settings are 512mb ext & 0mb swap space.

5. celticone

celticone Well-Known Member

Yep 0mb is usually the recommended size for swap.

6. holyblood

oh i see, off to repartitioning again i guess..after which do i need to reflash the rom?