Questions on NotificationsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Keeper

Keeper Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

I have only had my DHD for a few days, but am wondering if anyone can help me out. I did a search but didn't find any answers...

1. When I receive an email into my Gmail account, the icon on my home screen says 1 email is unopened which is great, so I go tap on that and read the email and delete i needed. But then I also receive a notification on the top of the home screen saying a new email is there. It doesn't go away if I have already seen it.

Is there a way of not having that notification on the top bar?

2. Is there a way of turning off all notifications on that top bar? They just annoy me and don't really help out.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

1. That would mean there's more than 1 unread email
    2. There is a way somewhere and I can't find it at the moment, I'm sure someone else will chime in. Most of the time you turn off the notifications in the app itself (Facebook, Twitter, etc)

3. IndivisibleP

IndivisibleP Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure almost every thing that pops up on the notification bar can be turned off in the settings for that particular app. I just checked my gmail app and sure enough there was a button to turn off notifications.

Hope that helps, you just have to look around in the apps settings.

4. Keeper

Keeper Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks guys will give it a go.

Eddy: It still sometimes has a notification even when there are no more un-read emails...