questions re MMS

Last Updated:

1. jdb

jdb Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have sent my wife a couple of pictures via text and she says they will not open on her end. The app asks me to auto-resize because the file is too large, I hit yes and it seems to send on my end. Any thoughts on why she would not get them? I have used both the pre-installed app and handcent.
    Also, when I use the pre-installed app to send a MMS, a small dialouge box comes up saying "Charges will be applied"...I already pay for a texting plan, is that just auto-generated regardless, or is there something I do not know about my plan?

Advertisement
  2. jlittlec5

jlittlec5 Member

I had the same problem with a picture my wife sent me from her Eris. Both of us have Handcent and I couldn't open the picture on my phone. I had a box that said download, but it would just fail each time I tried.

She just sent it via gmail, but it would have been nice if it worked.

3. jdb

jdb Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

my wife uses the pre-installed app, but I don't think that has anything to do with it...I sent the same pic to myself and I recieved it. Is there some sort of settings I'm not seeing that the phone might have to not recieve large files or something?

4. icstars989

icstars989 Well-Known Member

Generally Cell companies have limits on file sizes, don't quote me on but when I was with ATT I wanna say it was between 300-600kb per message. Verizon could be more or less. But could easily be the attributing factor you guys are coming across.

5. jlittlec5

jlittlec5 Member

The one I had trouble with said 30k.

6. icstars989

icstars989 Well-Known Member

Verizon's appears to be between 300-350. So you're definitely in the clear there if you're only sending 30. Sorry, I don't have any other suggestions.

7. sho95

sho95 Well-Known Member

Not true is base on the phone you got. From what I have tested it can send 700-800 but if its a ringtone is smaller under 500. My last phone Touch Pro 2 could do up to 1.2 mb.