Questions regarding HTC DesireSupport

Last Updated:

1. rafhelp

rafhelp Banned This Topic's Starter

1:
    I am downloading apps from the market and I have bought one. Now for last 24 hours it has been trying to download these and just wont. The one i bought still says authorizing purchase. Now why is this? I still have about 11MB of storage on the phone.

2:
    Why is there not more in built memory especially if the makers knew ALL applications and games would be installed to the phone? isnt it obvious that should have allowed support to install directly to SD card (like with me old nokia E51?)

3:
    When is this new Android update coming to the Desire, how do you go about getting it?

Advertisement
  2. asp2010

asp2010 Active Member

1. i've had the same problem with my Desire a couple of times, except i was downloading free apps. it said "starting download" but nothing happened. a reboot solved the problem both times and i haven't got this issue for more than a month now. sometimes, there's a little delay (like a minute or so) before actually starting the download but it's fine eventually.

i don't know about your second question, but with FroYo you can move (some) apps to the SD card.

i got the 2.2 update on the same day it was released OTA where i live, and i haven't had any issues with it. there is an entire thread in the HTC Desire section on this forum with people having some sort of problems, but none have occurred to me. just to mention, you need to have at least 25 MB free to do the update (FroYo takes up more space than Eclair) and, in my case, the 3G APN settings got erased and i had to write them again, but i contacted my operator and solved it in 2 minutes. i'd say you should go for the update, as my battery lasts longer now, the overall performance is better and more memory seems to be free than it was on Eclair, but you should read the post and decide for yourself whether you want to do the update or not. good luck!

3. rafhelp

rafhelp Banned This Topic's Starter

I live in UK and I am not even sure i can even get an official update. I dont want to mess around with rooting the phone or installing unofficial software