Questions regarding 'MotoBlur' on Droid XSupport

Last Updated:

1. maxwellimus

maxwellimus Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I'm relatively new to the android world. And I just have a few questions regarding "motoblur" on Droid x (I know motorola is not calling it that, but, I needed to call it something):

1. Do the widgets, even when not used, take up any booting/memory space?
    source: Testing the Goods: Verizon Droid X by Motorola | Popular Science
    says that it does. Can anyone confirm? (scroll down to the "bad" section of the article).

2. All the applications that come preinstalled on the phone (ex. Blockbuster), will I be able to delete those preinstalled apps?

On the side note, I went to a local verizon store this weekend and they pulled out a droid x for me to see, and honestly, the feel of the phone on my hand is very very similar to that of holding an iPhone, it's just longer. I have very small hands and I was still able to use it. Another side note, my last day of being an Apple iPhone user is July 15, 2010.

Advertisement
  2. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

you wont be able to delete the apps unless they can root the phone. Otherwise you are stuck with them

3. maxwellimus

maxwellimus Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Oh boy. Why is that? I'm truly not a fan of clutter. It would be nice if it allows you, like the iPhone, to come with the basic apps you would use. So there is absolutely no other possible way to uninstall that awful blockbuster app?

4. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

sadly no and im pretty sure you have to jailbreak an iphone to do that maybe im wrong. But yeah verizon is notorious for sticking apps on there most of us will never use and unless you root they are stuck on there.