Questions regarding the snapdragon processorGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Mjcanton

Mjcanton Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I have seen a lot of mixed things about the processor in the Incredible. Is there any way to know if it will be under-clocked or not before the phone is out? MOST of the specs say 1GHz Snapdradon, but I have also heard that it will be under-clocked to 768MHz iirc. Can anyone clear this up?

Another question I have is how fast is this processor compared to others such as the one in the Droid or the Eris? I have read that the Droid's processor is roughly 3x as fast per clock as the Eris. Does anyone know how the Snapdragon compares with the rest?

Advertisement
  2. greggds

greggds Well-Known Member

Response to similar question on another thread:

3. bamaboy

bamaboy Active Member

Now im not a 100% sure on this, but from all the most recent information, it has been confirmed to be a 1ghz

Droid uses a Ti system based on a arm cortex A8 which is the same as a 3GS and ipad A4 chip, a 600mhz proc. underclocked to 550mhz for the droid
    Inc. uses a Qualcomm Snapdragon, probably the same 8250 as the nexus one, so it should be a 1ghz variant, the snapdragon processor is similar to a cortex A8

I have seen that the Droid has better graphics system than the nexus one, but shouldnt be anything too bad

EDIT: now here is a chart comparing the snapdragon to the ipad and 3gs, dont read it exactly because it isnt comparing apples to apples,different OS and everything, but 3gs has close to the same processor as the droid, 612mhz vs droid 550mhz, nexus is also filling up almost 2x the resolution
    [​IMG]

just an idea

4. Mjcanton

Mjcanton Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Okay sounds good. If anyone knows any more info, feel free to share. I'll keep my fingers crossed in hopes that it wont be under-clocked!

5. ccoager

ccoager Well-Known Member

I don't trust any of those benchmarks, its not comparing apples to apples. You have different OS's, different browsers, possibly different networks and inconsistent Internet downloads.

6. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member