Questions...

Last Updated:

1. k.moosey

k.moosey Member This Topic's Starter

So I just decided I wanna mess with my phone a little bit.

I bought the phone and it had 2.2 already on it, does that mean I can't root my phone?

Also, I downloaded launcher pro but I cant really do anything with it.. Is there any tips or do I need to get launcher pro plus, and is there a way to get it for free?

Also is there a way to get beautiful widgets for free?

And whats the easiest and best way to customize my phone?

And if theres any suggestions you guys have please feel free to help me! I'm a n00b! haha

also, im currently in Orlando, and the 4G speed is awesome! Hope its the same back home in Dallas!

Advertisement
  2. The Dorian

The Dorian Well-Known Member

You can still root your phone. I've never rooted so I don't know how.

IMO Sense destroys Launcher Pro in every way (plenty on this forum will disagree with me). It is what it is...just get as many widgets as you can if you really want to use it. I just always end up going back to Sense.

There's always a way to get files free. Maybe not legally. Torrent.

Easiest and best way (IMO) to customize is just to play with Sense. Tap and hold, widgets, apps, shortcuts, etc.

3. jgalan14

jgalan14 Well-Known Member

Go to launcherpro.com to buy it, i think the developers deserve the money well they had work on this for a while so i recommended you to get them, press menu on the launcher pro and the preferences and you will see really cool customization on it

Here is a vid of my launcher last week now it looks way different tho

YouTube - ‪Evo with launcher pro‬‎

4. k.moosey

Can anybody with experience rooting 2.2 help me out? also I totally understand what you mean that they deserve the money but I payed good money for my phone and I dont feel like putting more into it.. So if theres a way to get beautiful widgets and launcher pro and all that good stuff for free could someone point me in the right direction?

5. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

I believe that we're still patiently waiting for the devs at XDA to find an exploit to allow rooting a 2.2 Evo and until then... no root for you, sorry.

Suggest checking the All Things Root section at the top of the front page of this forum - when it breaks loose, it's probably going to get announced there - with a pointer to the right instructions.

Meanwhile, it's never too soon to start learning the ins and outs of rooting, this is the most excellent starting point:

http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-evo-4g/129648-noobs-you-confused-here-quick-intro-rooting-get-your-bearings-before-plunging.html

I don't condone software copyright piracy - the devs worked hard, they charged very little for what they provided.

That said - Launcher Pro is free. Just search for it by that very name in the Market.

Launcher Pro Plus gives a bit more in the way of goodies for only 3 bucks - cheap!

6. k.moosey

hm.. so its gonna be a while then huh?

well if i wanna use launch pro to its fullest, how can i do so, are there any guides?

7. novarider

novarider Well-Known Member

Download it and start playing with it. If you list specifically what you want it to do people can help

8. HTCRALEIGHFAN

HTCRALEIGHFAN Well-Known Member

there is a thread HOW TO USE LAUNCHER PRO with step by step info! use the search function on this forum!!!