QUICK app question!

Last Updated:

1. TakinFreewaysNightly

TakinFreewaysNightly Member This Topic's Starter

How do you uninstall apps (completely remove from app drawer)
    and im not talking about apps from the market but certain root apps that i installed from an .apk on my sd card...

if anyone could help id appreciate it...sorry if this is obvious i tried to look on google

Advertisement
  2. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

I think you can do it with root explorer. You need to mount your system as r/w (read & write)

Then, navigate to your /system/app directory. That's where they'll be. Be careful though, you could seriously screw some stuff up.

If you're versed in adb:

adb remount
    adb shell
    cd /system/app
    rm NameOfApp.apk

rinse and repeat

3. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Steps 3 and 4 can be combined into
    Code (Text):
    1. rm /system/app/{name of app}.apk
    Notice thre is only 1 space - between rm and the first /

4. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

Go back to the app that your used to install the app in the first place and click on the .apk file on your SD Card that you used initially to install. If you click on it, you should have the option to uninstall (you may have to click on "open app manager" if using Astro, then you will have the uninstall option).

5. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

There is a program called Root Manager that has a section for removing system apps. You are better off using the adb method described above just to get comfortable with the adb process (believe me, it will come in handy). But for on the fly system app removal, Root Manger does a great job. As mentioned above, there are apps that look like that serve no purpose but may be linked to something important. Delete with extreme care.