Quick Boot

Last Updated:

1. budd1983

budd1983 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to get into recovery mode using quick boot? Or is there a program out there that will alow me to get into recovery mode. I liked quick boot because it allowed me to make a backup of the phone to an sd card. I am still not sure how to use titanium back up so if there is another program suggested that would be great. Thanks in Advance

Advertisement
  2. PerCompLLC

PerCompLLC Well-Known Member

"Recovery mode" does not yet exist for the Droid X... But is most definitely being worked on. I suspect that we will have it soon based on Birdman's excellent work. :D

3. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

Yeah I think by monday we will have a custom recovery:D

4. PerCompLLC

I sincerely hope you are right, but that may be a little aggressive...

5. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

This is what rainabba said, an admin for alldroid

rainabba writes "Aside from rooting the DroidX (which was also done by Birdman), getting a custom recovery running is the next most important step in being able to flash custom roms. As of 6am GMT-7, Birdman and accomplished exactly that. It will take another day or 2 to polish the recovery and process to a point where it's viable for the average Android "hacker", but this should lead to Froyo on the DroidX, and who knows what else. It also PROVES that eFuse means little to us and Motorola has failed to prevent the "tampering" of their devices just as every other manufacturer has.

6. PerCompLLC

Yes, I saw that... Just not sure how realistic it actually is. But, I'm definitely on board and in complete support of it! I can't wait!

7. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

I guess the only thing to do is wait and see