1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Quick Camera Access w/Nova Launcher Installed?

1. PeteCress

PeteCress Well-Known Member

I want tb able to whip out my Galaxy Note - whose screen would be locked at that moment; make a gesture, push something, or whatever... and have the camera open and available for use.

One continuous motion.... whip it out and *Click!*.

Or am I just wishing?

(I think I see something if TouchWiz were my launcher... but it's not and I don't want to change from Nova...)

Advertisement
    :
  2. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Well-Known Member

Use WidgetLocker for your lockscreen and add a camera shortcut to it. One short swipe - camera is open and ready.
    NGD1 likes this.
  3. NGD1

NGD1 Well-Known Member

3rd party lock screens
    (or ones built in if custom rom)
    will allow you to assign a action with a swipe =]
  4. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

This is what I do. Plus you don't have to worry about your 3rd party lock screen and 3rd party launcher playing nice together since it is the same dev.
  5. PeteCress

PeteCress Well-Known Member

Settings > Security > Lock screen wallpaper seems like it only lets me change the image, not the functionality.

I see something called "EDT Tweaks", but it is not available in GooglePlay and that probably means I don't know enough to mess with it.

Can somebody aim me in the right direction for changing lock screens?

Edit 2010 10-09 2059:

Oops... Now I see... You don't change lock screens. You install an app that changes the screen for you. "WidgetLocker" is the one I'm currently fooling around with.

I got it to open the camera, but the native password-pattern screen still keeps popping between clicking the WidgetLocker icon and the camera's coming up.

I'm guessing I will have to sacrifice the security of the password-pattern screen by somehow disabling it.