Quick Contact CardSupport

Last Updated:

1. mooneyb

mooneyb Member This Topic's Starter

In the standard android system when you add a person on your homepage using the quick contact you can see all phone numbers associated with that person when you push the phone button on the ribbon that pops up. With the sense version of android when you push the phone button it automatically calls the primary phone number for that contact. Is there a way to make it function like the standard android person quick contact and let it bring up a list instead of auto dialing the primary?
    Thank you for your help.

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. VonKannick

VonKannick Well-Known Member

When you use a contact the first time it lets you decide what action to perform. One of the available actions is 'View Contact', which will allow you to do whatever else you want with the contact after you select it. If you've already set it to dial, you have to remove the people widget then reinstall it. Your favorites will still be there but no action will be assigned.

3. WillJitsu

WillJitsu New Member

That's not correct. Once the primary number has been set for a contact, there is no way to unset it. I have been trying on my EVO 4G. It's driving me crazy. I have several contacts with multiple numbers that I dial frequently, and the person widget only dials the primary number instead of giving me a list of numbers to dial. Terrible design!

4. Jmtegra

Jmtegra Well-Known Member

You may not be able to unset the primary number completly but you can change the primary number by a simple long press if you wish.

And what von is saying is correct but only with the people widget in sense.

5. fredge

fredge New Member

Has anyone solved the original problem?

I've got an HTC Incredible 2. Lots of Quick Contacts on several of my pages.
    2 of them give me the choice to dial any of the numbers when I hit the phone button on the ribbon.

All of the others automatically dial the primary number. Can't figure out why. Everything looks to be the same, and even the 2 contacts that give me the choice have a number chosen as the primary number.