Quick Droid Question?

Last Updated:

1. plmiller0905

plmiller0905 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone, I'm new here and new to the Droid Family. I really like the Droid bbut I just havea quick question. When I charge the Droid via the USB cable it seems to me that the plug that goes into the Droid appears to not want to come out. Like it should be a button or something that would release the plug from the Droid itself.

So my question is, is there a button or something that I am suppose to be pressing to release the plug from the droid or is just that hard to remove?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. oops-sorry

oops-sorry Member

welcome to the forum. there is no button, it should just pull out

3. ttaylor0024

ttaylor0024 Well-Known Member

hmm... try to wiggle it horizontally?

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

This is the actual specification of the USB Micro connection. This allows for the connection to have a longer life span than the previous USB Mini. For more answers, see Universal Serial Bus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

However, I have also purchased cables from Monoprice - USB Cables and the connectors on those don't lock in place nearly as tightly.

I suggest that in your car you use the cable that came with the phone - so it does not get loose, and with your computer and such use one of these gold plated cables (at those ridiculous prices you should be able to easily buy 2 or 3 of them for next to nothing).

5. plmiller0905

plmiller0905 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah it does come out when I wiggle it. It is a little difficult but nevertheless it comes out. I guess its suppose to be a snug fit and it truely is.

6. johnlgalt

Yup - it's meant to last longer than previous mini connections.

7. Chuck1906

Chuck1906 Well-Known Member

I wish the USB cable was longer than the one that comes with the phone.

8. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

You can always buy a longer one. I am about to do that myself (I often charge my phone at night while browsing the web on it in bed). Monoprice (while they don't fit as snug) is an awesome place to buy cables on the cheap. If you buy the slightly more expensive ones, I have found them to be a little better fit, but that could just be luck...

9. johnlgalt

Yup, a friggin $2.18 max for a 15' cable, you're out he average price of a single paid app, including shipping, when using Monoprice.

Spend the extra cents on the gold-plated cables, they are much thicker (assuming that this means they are shielded better / protected better) - you'll be a lot happier in the long run.