• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Quick hands-on with the Panasonic Eluga

I got to hold a pre-production Eluga earlier this week at a Panasonic product showcase in Hamburg (I was there in my capacity as a photography journalists to see the Panasonic Lumix camera range).

It's quite large - slightly bigger area than a Sony Experia Arc S, but very thin and light. The OLED screen looked very good. It's water resistant to 1 metre too, which is good news if you have a habit of dropping your phone down the toilet!

Elugas were being used to demo a Panasonic app that uses a swipe gesture to send photos to a connected TV. My contract comes up in a couple of months and I'd seriously consider an Eluga to replace my HTC Desire if the price was right.

Ian

PS Press info says the Eluga will come with Android Gingerbread but ICS will replace GB soon after launch.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones