Quick Help Please

Last Updated:

1. emerica243

emerica243 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I only ever rooted my htc eris which is a totally different process. After reading the steps on the thread "guide-rooting-2-2-windows-linux.html" i feel im ready to do a droid now.

My questions are as follows.

1.) Why is there no Nandroid backup step in the list for a failsafe like there is with the eris rooting procedure?

2.) I dont know much about the roms for the droid. It looks like the FRG22 is a popular and sleek one. But does it have built in data/wifi tethering? Thats mainly what im looking for.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

once you finish the process a nandroid is a good idea, but there isnt much of an option for making a nandroid before you finish that guide, When you first boot into sprecovery you could nandroid but your phone wont boot correctly at that point so there is no good reason to do so.

3. emerica243

If i cant make any backups while rooting. How do i recover myself if something goes wack?

4. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

by using an sbf to go completely back to stock(you will lose your data doing that)

5. emerica243

And by using a sbf, you mean using RDS on the pc to flash stock back to the phone right?

6. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

yes

7. emerica243

Thanks for clearign all that upfor me. Does anyone know anything about the wireless tethering question is have? If its built into the FRG22, and if not, is there a way to easily apply it?

8. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

its not built in but you can easily download wireless tether for root users from the market