1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Quick Launch missing from Settings

1. utsupport

utsupport New Member

GT-PT5110 Tab 2 10.1
    Android 4.0.3

According to the manual, I should be able to assign an app to the Quick Launch button in Settings > Display. However, Quick Launch option is not there!

Cheers,

Advertisement
  2. batkinson001

batkinson001 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately you can only assign certain mini apps to the quick launch bar (on stock os)... I hope that changes with 4.1 if we get it...
  3. utsupport

utsupport New Member

I should have said " the Quick Launch option in Settings > Display , is not there."
  4. AussieCoop

AussieCoop New Member

Same problem here, any joy in finding an answer ?
  5. spinsilva

spinsilva New Member

I have found a way to access the quick launch shortcuts but can't figure out what to do with them.exactly. search and a letter or number doesn't make much sense to me. Maybe someone can enlighten me to how these work and how they serve any purpose.Anyway I stumbled this by accident. Use the voice dialer app from the main applications menu. When its time to speak say "open quick launch." A little box pops up, select open quick launch, and you are there. It's obvious how you assign apps but from there I'm stumped.
  6. Bosbouer

Bosbouer Well-Known Member

Have you checked in Settings> Display?
  7. putteringpluie

putteringpluie New Member

I did. But could not find the quick launch. Is my tablet faulty?
  8. putteringpluie

putteringpluie New Member

Ok just update your tablet. You shd be fine.