Quick memory question from a noob..Support

Last Updated:

1. Nozspark

Nozspark Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm about to receive my first Android phone (HTC Desire) on Tuesday and was wondering what people think about the bundled 4GB micro SD card.

Is 4GB enough? - I currently have a Nokia E71 with a 2GB card and it's currently only got about 0.5GB left.. I mainly use it as a business phone and have various documents and about 600 photos on it..

What class is it and is it fast enough?

TBH I was thinking of getting a 16GB class 4 card, butif the bundled one is good enough I'll prob stick with it.

TIA... first of many from an Android noob

Advertisement
  2. gie62001

gie62001 Well-Known Member

i think bundled one (4gb) is class 4, and ive got class 6 8GB and trust me it's not at all enough as the things you can do with desire are almost unlimited (movies, music, now HD games taking around 100 mb each, app2sd, navigation soft (2-4gb of space), documents, pictures, taking video, recording audio, etc) so you see what you might be using this card for and if you want to watch HD movies on it you should go for 16gb class 6, otherwise your videos will lag

Nozspark likes this.
  3. Nozspark

Nozspark Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Cheers,

Ill prob stick with the 4GB and see how I go, hopefully by the time it runs out of space the price of 16GB class 6 (or even 10) will have dropped a good bit

4. gie62001

gie62001 Well-Known Member

don't think in a few days the prices will drop that dramatically :) haha as you will fill up the card pretty quickly. well at least that's what i did and my bro and my friend. so now they're regreting of not going for 16gb or even more :)

5. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

you can always swap the info on the old card to the new card, so you're not losing out on anything by waiting to see if you fill this one up first

6. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Pretty sure mine was 4GB Class 2 Samsung.

7. arpiiit

arpiiit New Member

Android version-2.3
    Current rom-supernova
    Device status-
    Radio-5.17.0.5.23
    Hboot-6.93.1002
    Bravo PVT4 SHIP S-OFF
    now issue is how to go back to stock rom
    Device-Htc desire a8181

8. nicka3200

nicka3200 Well-Known Member

There is a guide here.

If you want to return to S-ON you will need to start at step 1. Completing all steps will replace your hboot, recovery & ROM with stock as well as wiping all user data (factory reset).

However if you want to remain S-OFF you should be able to start at step 4. That will retain the Alpharev hboot so you will be S-OFF with stock recovery & ROM but wiped of user data.