quick one about battery and sd cardSupport

1. mastavaj

mastavaj Member

hi guys

my original battery has swelled up!?? so ive bought a replacement, i think its genuine. do i need to do anything like calibrate?? or just charge and go!

also im planning to buy a new card just wanna know is it just a simple case of backup format partition paste?

many thanks

ps. regarding the battery i got it from amazon, the numbers on the back dont match with the original does this matter?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

For the battery, just give it a long charge at the start and you should be fine.

You mention partitioning the card. If you have an ext partition, in which case I assume you are rooted, then you should take a nandroid, back up the whole fat32 partition (which will include the nandroid), partition new card, copy stuff to its fat32 partition, then go into recovery and restore the nandroid. That last step will load the contents of the old card's ext partition into the new one.

Without a partition it is just a matter of copying old card to new (making sure you get "hidden" folders too, eg .android_secure if you've moved any apps to sd).
    mastavaj likes this.
  3. mastavaj

mastavaj Member

many thanks hadron. close thread.