1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Profiles Pro

Last Updated:

1. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

If you are like me and have been using Quick Profiles (free in the market) to easily change system settings do yourself a favor and check out Quick Profile Pro (about $1.10). I has a very convenient widget to change profiles and now gives you a choice of 115 icons to assign to each profile (I used to use Bettercut to skin the icons - this is much easier). Quick Profiles has always been one of my most trouble free time savers (I have profiles set for my car (turns on my bluetooth and keeps screen on), work (lowers ringtones, turns of wifi and changes wallpaper), home (everything cranked up) and night (sound off). I purchased the addon to show my support for the developer. I had no idea how well thought out and implemented they designed the widget and assignable icons. This is a real keeper :D

Advertisement
  2. shrink57

Just an update. I received an email for the developer and he will be releasing the next version with a transparent widget :)

3. dewalist

dewalist Well-Known Member

I completely agree - Quick Profiles has been one of my "gotta have" apps, and the Pro version makes it even better. I have been waiting for the icon feature for awhile now. I'm glad to hear the ugly icon border is going away soon, though.

4. antipesto93

antipesto93 Well-Known Member

i used to use quick profiles, but isnt locale just so much more convienent because you can make the profiles timed?

5. shrink57

I could never get Locale and other location sensitive programs to function properly. Quick Profile is simple, I just set one profile when I am in the car, need my phone to be quiet, or when I am home. The time I spent fighting with the more "advanced" programs just wasn't worth it. This is simple and foolproof.

6. s-one

s-one Well-Known Member

I use the free one myself. Does the pro have backup profiles to sdcard? With romming and all setting these things up each time is a pain.

7. tjreishus

tjreishus Well-Known Member

I loved quick profiles, but for some reason, it started to mess up on me. I don't know what happened, but I could no longer create or edit my profiles. It started with the ringtone not changing, so I deleted all the profiles I made and started from scratch. Unfortunately, I was unable to create any profiles at all after deleting them. I deleted the app, reinstalled and tried again. Still no luck. I ended up having to switch to one called "Profiles". I didn't want to make the switch, but I had to.

8. shrink57

From what I can see Pro does not add a backup function but looking at your signature it looks like you are rooted. I use Titanium to back up my apps with settings so I can always restore in the state they were back up. I wind up flashing and reconfiguring my Droid probably daily and never lost a profile or setting.

9. shrink57

They just added the ability to choose widget backgrounds (even clear background). This program is now perfect :D

10. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

Does it now support GPS on/off?

11. shrink57

From what I can see there is airplane mode, wifi, and bluetooth. Write the developer to see if GPS can be included.

12. s-one

s-one Well-Known Member

Ok gotcha! thanks for the tip!

13. deputydog95

deputydog95 Well-Known Member

When setting up the profiles, what does the "no change" option when setting up the particular volume for a particular thing? I've looked everywhere and can't figure it out.