Quick Q?

Last Updated:

1. WTFboom

WTFboom Member This Topic's Starter

I am new here. I want to get the Droid but im on AT&T and I wont switch anytime soon. I was thinking about getting the Milestone. Can I use all these root hacks/themes/other stuff with the Milestone? I know the software is a little different cause it doesnt come with Google Nav or the Amazon Store. Any help would be nice

Also, can i flash the Droid Nandroid or whatever to the Milestone and give it the Droid software? Then it would basically be like the Droid but a GSM version.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

The Milestone will generally require different files than the Droid. Even though they're very similar, they're not identical, so it's likely that most of the ROMs/Tweaks/Etc for the Droid won't work on the Milestone.

3. WTFboom

Ok. So even if i enable root access, i cant flash the firmware or whatever its called. I would like to put 2.1 on it and MetaMorph themes/bootanimations

4. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

I don't believe so. I'll wait for someone else to clarify, but I'm pretty sure the platforms on the two phones are not identical so those things are not entirely compatible.

5. WTFboom

Ok. I thought it would work cuz they are similar (the only thing is GSM vs CDMA). But thanks

6. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member

I think its the CDMA v. GSM that's the reason why Droid hacks won't always work on the Milestone, especially the ROMs and probably root "easy" buttons.

7. WTFboom

Some of them are the same

8. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

From my understanding the milestone is not nearly as customizable because you can't change the recovery or kernal. Something about a check the processor does to make sure its a valid recovery. Its something Motorola enabled on milestones and not droids.

You should go and look at what's out there for the milestone though ask milestone revs questions they will know muhlenberg more than Droid owners

9. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

Edit sorry double post