• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Quick question about insurance

confuzzled

Feb 10, 2010
CHi,

I was looking at the insurance from mobile phones direct and thankfully I have 3 months free insurance. It states that you're covered for accidental damage. So since I chipped and dinted the bezel around my screen, does this meen I'm covered for accidental damage?

Ty vm.

I think accidental damage covers only damage that interferes with the operation and not cosmetic damage. I read my policy with 3 Sweden and it covers quite a bit, but nothing was mentioned about chips or scratches. Makes sense though, because you have all the neurotic people lining up to get a new one due to a tiny scratch.

With what I'm paying, I plan on having an accident in a year's time. ;)

Tim

Upvote 0
Gahh that's a bummer, your reply prompted me to have a look at mobile phone directs insurance small print and it says it does not cover cosmetic damage :(. The only chance I would get of a new/repair bezel is to say that water can get though the dint on the bezel into the screen as it is right touching the screen, what you guys think?

Ty

Upvote 0
Gahh that's a bummer, your reply prompted me to have a look at mobile phone directs insurance small print and it says it does not cover cosmetic damage :(. The only chance I would get of a new/repair bezel is to say that water can get though the dint on the bezel into the screen as it is right touching the screen, what you guys think?

Ty

Drop the fekker on the floor . . . . from the top of the stairs . .:eek:

Upvote 0
Ive read over the MPD website and it does look like they cover water damage (Falls under 'Accidental Damage')

Mobile Phone Insurance - Mobile Phones Direct

Your statutory rights are limited which is why we offer insurance (not just an extended warranty) specially designed to protect your mobile phone (but not e.g. accessories or car kits) for up to 5 years, (with the first 3 months free) against the risks of theft, loss, accidental damage (including water damage) , So if i rang up with water damage will they just replace the phone?

Hmmm,

Upvote 0
Thats good, although peeps should be aware, that most policies will have a handset limit and a mobile excess that will be applicable.
Mine says it costs about 50 euro (499 sek) to replace the first time and then if it is within the same year, it costs 100 euro (998 sek) to replace it. I have Swedish 3 (tre.se).

It's pretty cool. I have a feeling before the year is up, I'll have and accidental loss. :D

Tim

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones