Quick question about insurance

Last Updated:

1. confuzzled

confuzzled Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

CHi,

I was looking at the insurance from mobile phones direct and thankfully I have 3 months free insurance. It states that you're covered for accidental damage. So since I chipped and dinted the bezel around my screen, does this meen I'm covered for accidental damage?

Ty vm.

Advertisement
  2. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Fingers cross for you!

3. confuzzled

Is that a optimistic fingers crossed or not? :p

4. brad-short

brad-short Well-Known Member

just call them and find out m8. But please report back here cos i'm sure its handy for us all to know!

5. confuzzled

Will do mate, Don't see why they should knock me back tho as it is accidental damage, Could they say no as its a chip on the bezel?

6. Pojken

Pojken Well-Known Member

I think accidental damage covers only damage that interferes with the operation and not cosmetic damage. I read my policy with 3 Sweden and it covers quite a bit, but nothing was mentioned about chips or scratches. Makes sense though, because you have all the neurotic people lining up to get a new one due to a tiny scratch.

With what I'm paying, I plan on having an accident in a year's time. ;)

Tim

7. confuzzled

Gahh that's a bummer, your reply prompted me to have a look at mobile phone directs insurance small print and it says it does not cover cosmetic damage :(. The only chance I would get of a new/repair bezel is to say that water can get though the dint on the bezel into the screen as it is right touching the screen, what you guys think?

Ty

8. brad-short

Drop the fekker on the floor . . . . from the top of the stairs . .:eek:

9. confuzzled

Haha, I'm seriously thinking about it brad its that ugly, I will ring up MPD and double check that I'm covered for water damage then I may accidentally drop it in a puddle :D Worth it guys?

10. Whitlog

Whitlog Member

I don't think many cover water damage, one of my phone in the past got fecked from water and I was not covered at all!

11. confuzzled

Ive read over the MPD website and it does look like they cover water damage (Falls under 'Accidental Damage')

Mobile Phone Insurance - Mobile Phones Direct

Your statutory rights are limited which is why we offer insurance (not just an extended warranty) specially designed to protect your mobile phone (but not e.g. accessories or car kits) for up to 5 years, (with the first 3 months free) against the risks of theft, loss, accidental damage (including water damage) , So if i rang up with water damage will they just replace the phone?

Hmmm,

12. Good Old Bakes

Good Old Bakes Well-Known Member

Mines insured on my house contents insurance - even away from home. I phoned them up to check and they confirmed.

13. brad-short

Thats good, although peeps should be aware, that most policies will have a handset limit and a mobile excess that will be applicable.

14. Pojken

Pojken Well-Known Member

Mine says it costs about 50 euro (499 sek) to replace the first time and then if it is within the same year, it costs 100 euro (998 sek) to replace it. I have Swedish 3 (tre.se).

It's pretty cool. I have a feeling before the year is up, I'll have and accidental loss. :D

Tim