• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root quick question about leaked froyo

I recently flashed my Incredible with the leaked froyo beta rom with sense and applied the updates and fixes. This is my first time flashing an android phone. Everything went smoothly and it is working as great as can be expected with a test build which is a little buggy. Thanks to everyone who made it so pain free with all the info posted here. My question is, when the actual retail release of 2.2 and sense is out will i have to do a complete wipe of my phone again or can an update be applied since the ground work for 2.2 is already in place on my phone? Its a pain to get everything the way i like it (even with titanium backup)

I understand that to receive the OTA update I would need to revert to stock 2.1 but I mean once we have a Rom based on the final release can I update to that without a wipe or can I keep all my info and update around it? Thanks for the quick reply by the way.

When a rom comes out with the official update you will have to wipe and than install the new rom. But you can use Titanium Backup to make setting everything back up again go faster. Should only take like 15-30 minutes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones