Quick question about the droid XSupport

Last Updated:

1. Arehexes

Arehexes Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

There was something cool I wanted to try with the droid x, but I lack the droid x and can't find video or a article on it. But the Galaxy S phone seems to be able to do a video out deal with it's real time. Can the droid x do the same?

Samsung Captivate (Galaxy S) video out demonstration

Advertisement
  2. ixobelle

ixobelle Member

Micro hdmi = yes

3. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

The Droid X is currently limited by software limitations. It can only play non-DRM protected media through HDMI-out. I imagine someone will eventually figure out how to allow us to display whatever we want through the port via root access or something, but right now we're limited.

Arehexes likes this.
  4. Arehexes

Thanks, thanks kinda a shame but I can live with that :D.

5. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

Meh. It's an investment. Like I said, someone will probably figure it out soon enough. People are hacking into the DX more each day. A dev-team is already getting pretty close to installing custom ROMs on the device, and they have a copy of Froyo that will probably be packaged up and distributed any day now. The phone has only been out for a few days over a month now, so there's still lots of time left to continue digging into its innards. :D

6. Arehexes

I so can't wait, I'm going to a verizon store to play with a demo copy to test hand size (it should be fine) and look at cases (I hope they have one with a flap on it for the screen :D ), and then I shall pick one up.