Quick Question about the Droid

Last Updated:

1. obutto

obutto Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm about to buy a Motorola Droid in five hours after much consideration and reading through forums. However, one question that has addressed me is whether or not the Droid has foreign language support, specifically Korean. I want to listen to some songs with Korean titles, but I'm not sure whether or not the Droid can display Korean letters in its music app. I've heard from previous Android users that 1.5 has difficulties displaying unicode letters and just makes them boxes, similar to the old Zunes (Lol fail player) which cannot support any Asian languages. Anybody have any experience with this?

ALSO regarding the Droid Eris.
    Is the on screen keyboard similar to the apple iPhone's (Response time, Sensitivity) or rather similar to the LG Dare (I despise this type of keyboard, slow, vibrate very uncoordinated). And since its running android 1.5 not 2.0, does this have problems with korean too?

Advertisement
  2. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

I can't answer on the foreign language support question, but I can at least tell you that the Eris has the Sense UI, which has a very nice onscreen keyboard. It's definitely much better than the onscreen that comes with the Droid.

3. mali2838

mali2838 Member

Yep, I have a few Korean songs and the titles showed perfectly on mine.

4. neutral1030

neutral1030 New Member

Really? All the Korean songs on my Droid comes out as symbols like you get if you don't install asian language pack on Windows OS. How did you get it to show perfectly on your Droid?