Quick question about the vehicle mountAccessories

Last Updated:

1. Squidward

Squidward Active Member This Topic's Starter

Is the Droid X car mount the same as the Droid 2 car mount? They have different part numbers and the packaging shows specifically a Droid X (or 2). The reason I ask is that when I was ordering a Droid 2 over the phone, the representative insisted that the mounts were the same model. I told her I didn't think that was the case, but since I wasn't sure I went ahead with it. Box arrives today and theres...a Droid X mount along with the Droid 2. I could open it up and test it out but I don't feel like breaking the seal if I don't have to. Any idea?

Advertisement
  2. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

They are not the same. The phones are a different physical size. Call them and tell them to exchange it for you.

3. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Make sure you get the new Droid car mount, not the older one. The new one is much better - has built-in USB port so when you slide your phone in it connects and is on power automatically (you connect your car charger usb connection to the back of the car mount).

Also has a slot that holds your audio connector, if you use one, so it's ready to easily insert...still not nearly as slick as an iPhone integrated power/audio connector, but much better/easier than the original D1 car mount.

And consider the Arkon vent mount discussed here - I got one and it works perfectly w/the new D2 dock...

http://androidforums.com/droid-2-accessories/160786-ac-vent-phone-holder.html

4. Squidward

Squidward Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks a lot...I can't believe they did this after all I've been through with them, gargh.