quick question and quick moan....Support

Last Updated:

1. david1806

david1806 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all
    First, am I the only one who really is missing out on so much because of the lack of flash? Apart from YouTube, I can't watch anything that involves a video, and for me, that's quite a lot. Any latest news? I did ask before, and I was told something about when it gets rolled out isn't the same as when we can actually use it. Can anyone elaborate?

Also, when a webpage automatically changes to mobile friendly (eg ITV. com) and doesn't have the option that you normally find at the bottom of the page to change to desktop version, is there anyway to change it? Most annoying!
    Thx in advance
    David
    :)

Advertisement
  2. allbutlost

allbutlost Well-Known Member

I think there is a browser app out there that plays Flash videos on the lower versions of 'droid or so I'm told, but I've heard mixed reviews (everything from "awesome" to "choppy" to "this is crap"). I can't remember what it's called, nor what circumstances it runs under.

For me though, I don't really notice it. I guess I don't visit flash-heavy sites very often.. I guess I'm glad, since as a result I don't miss it :)

"Latest news" that I know of is that Flash is rolling with Froyo (2.2), and we're still pining for 2.1, so there's a bit of a wait yet!

As for changing webpages from mobile to regular, I'd say that would normally be specific to the website in question, though I could be wrong. I'm still fairly knew to the process. I would imagine a mobile site would still have necessary pertinent links, but they may be relocated. If you can't find it at all, a work-around may be to email yourself the links from a computer and then bookmark them once you visit the link. I'm not certain on browser options or apps that may help. I'm sure someone else might be if any exist :)

3. drewcivic

drewcivic Member

i think the skyfire broswer uses flash ? dont hold it against me tho..

allbutlost likes this.
  4. allbutlost

allbutlost Well-Known Member

5. spikeithard

spikeithard Well-Known Member

I pretty sure it does. tried it. kinda sucks and i think for the video you have to click the link and dl it from there. its not like you can just watch it as it streams on the screen :(

unless im wrong?

6. X10iUser

X10iUser Well-Known Member

7. david1806

david1806 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Again, thanks all. Going to have a little looky at skyfire. I'll keep you posted. :)

8. kennystorholt

kennystorholt Active Member

Hello. To change so u get only desktop pages is simple. This is the way u do it with Dolphin Browser.
    1. Press menu hardbutton
    2. Go to settings
    3. Scroll down to "user agent"
    4. Change to "desktop"
    And done.

9. kennystorholt

kennystorholt Active Member

Hello. To change so u get only desktop pages is simple. This is the way u do it with Dolphin Browser.
    1. Press menu hardbutton
    2. Go to settings
    3. Scroll down to "user agent"
    4. Change to "desktop"
    And done.