Quick question before my phone arrives on thurs! :D

Last Updated:

1. Dreckly

Dreckly Member This Topic's Starter

Long term lurker, first time poster!

Quick question before my phone arrives on thursday :D would it be worth my while setting up a Gmail account? I have read a few threads with issues about gmail / googlemail, i have neither at the mo so if i set up a gmail account and register that with my phone it should be happy days?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. HYCAET

HYCAET Guest

I'd say do it. If you intend to set a gmail account up, it should definitely be before you get the phone. You'll need to use the account when you first fire up the phone.

You can also spend the next couple of days adding all your contacts into google too, and when you fire the phone up on thursday your contacts will be there straight away once you sync.

It'll keep you busy while counting down the minutes 'til your phone arrives!

Dreckly likes this.
  3. AnthonyS

AnthonyS Active Member

Gmail and googlemail addressed emails all go to the same account, sign up as gmail for ease, there is / was an issue with the googlemail accounts being switched to gmail causing the app store to no longer work but that may be fixed now.

Besides gmail is easier to type.. :)

4. HYCAET

HYCAET Guest

I'm not sure there's a googlemail option now. I think new UK accounts are automatically gmail.com now.

5. Dreckly

Dreckly Member This Topic's Starter

Lovely jubblies! Thank you both - been waiting for a week for Orange to get them back in stock - can't wait! Had my boss waving her i-phone infront of me since she knew i was getting a desire, needless to say i can't wait to wave the desire under her nose! :D

6. Desire D

Desire D Well-Known Member

You're right, I set up an account for someone earlier.

7. SL4VE

SL4VE Well-Known Member

plus theres loads more too it than just mail. Gtalk, Gvoice, intergrates with Maps, Picasa and so on. its like the new all in one system...