quick question...new rooter....

Last Updated:

1. jyarbrough20

jyarbrough20 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

alright......my droid is officially rooted and running bugless beast v1 smoked glass..... I'm using ROM manager.... my question is... is do you have to have set cpu? Does it work along w/ the current settings or is this a waste of 2 bucks? Thanks for all the help guys....

Advertisement
  2. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

if you want to overclock you need setcpu. If you are fine with your current speeds you dont. For most including me its worth $2

3. bp328i

bp328i Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought you did not need SETCPU with BB V1. I'm not saying it's not worth the $2.00 but I thought overclocking was built into V1

4. n8_cmt

n8_cmt Member

Now, I'm no expert, but I was also reading that setCpu wasn't critical to have in order to OC with pete's bb v1.0. However, I do agree that it's an amazing program to have. Setting custom profiles is a good way to squeeze a little more juice out of the phone. A 1 ghz kernal is nice, but hard on the battery if its running all the time. It's well worth 2.00 just to be able to automatically downclock if the cpu gets too hot.

5. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Well-Known Member

BB is overclocked at 600mhz which is barely over stock. Pete lists some custom overclock kernals that he recommends for his rom on his BB 1.0 thread. Download and then flash the kernal the same way you did the rom. You will need setcpu to overclock the new kernal.

6. Rota

Rota Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Just something I thought of when I read the title...

Anyway, flash a new kernel, support Android devs and buy SetCPU, and you're off!

7. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

I agree to buy setCPU...It's great, but if you are really broke, you can find it for free at XDA...Just make sure when you have cash to donate (or buy it off the market)...

8. markc2

markc2 Well-Known Member

Not certain but I think you don't need setcpu if you install one of the faster kernals. It seems to overclock automatically to the max the kernal allows, and I believe it's also got some automatic profiles so it's not clocked to the max all the time....