1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Quick question on game emulatorsGeneral

1. Recreation

Recreation Well-Known Member

Ok, you obviously need game emulators that are found through the android market. Once downloaded you would need roms. I'm new to this so I take it that roms are games... right? Anyway, how can I find these roms, and how and where should install them once downloaded?

Advertisement
    :
  2. new optimus

new optimus Well-Known Member

The roms we are talking about are the android operating system for the phone.
  3. puyow18

puyow18 Well-Known Member

Game emulators (nintendo, snes, genesis, etc) play games, which are "rom" files. Usually, once you install the game emulator it puts a "rom" folder or similar in its directory (search around using a file explorer app). Or sometimes you can put this "rom" folder anywhere, then direct the emulator where this rom folder is.

Simply search for (nintendo, snes, genesis, etc) roms using google or a torrent site; they're all over the net

Here are some *n e s _ r o m s* that you can try out.

Attached Files:

4. det1726

det1726 Well-Known Member

Okay, first of all you don't need to use market specific emulators however you will want to use one that is android specific. Secondly, notice there are no roms available in the market, that is because if you do not own the hard copy of a game it is illegal to possess a rom copy (for instance if you have a nes emulator and play contra, if you don't own the cartridge for the nes you are considered to be pirating which is illegal, frowned upon, and not to be discussed here) with that said google/youtube is your best friend on topics that are not okay to be discussed here, per http://androidforums.com/introductions/704-site-rules-guidelines.html