1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Quick Question Re: Android Twitter App

1. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Well-Known Member

How do you delete the search history in the Twitter app? I don't seem to be able to delete the history of people and companies I have searched for.

Cheers.

Advertisement
  2. JohnnyBravo1000

Nobody seems to have an answer for the first question, so I uninstalled and reinstalled it and that seems to have done the trick.

Does anybody else have trouble trying to get the app to sync data in the settings menu? I can tick the box, but it always disables itself.
  3. JohnnyBravo1000

Bumpety Bump!

This is a strange one. I recall having trouble getting it to sync, but it definitely did managed to sync in the background as whenever I opened up the app I was informed of how many tweets I had. No I have to manually refresh.

Any help or advice welcome.
  4. JohnnyBravo1000

Just an update for anybody who is interested or suffering the same problem. I've filled out a support form on Twitter and am awaiting response.
  5. JohnnyBravo1000

Still haven't got a response from Twitter, but the problem seems to have rectified itself. Not sure how or why, but it's now working as it should do.
  6. PuppetJacks

PuppetJacks New Member

In answer to the original post by the OP. - You dont have to uninstall / re-install to remove the search history.

go to the phone home, then choose 'settings> Applications > Manage applications ( so far as if you were going to uninstall), then select the twitter app & from the screen that pops up choose 'clear data' instead of 'uninstall'.
    This removes all the app data history except your accounts, so you don't need to re-configure them all like you'd have to if you uninstalled/re-installed.

Hope that helps...:D

- PJ