quick question to moment ownersSupport

Last Updated:

1. emcube

emcube Active Member This Topic's Starter

can you check and see if the screen orientation changes to landscape mode when held sideways with the keyboard closed? accelerometer works in every other programs or windows but it does not work on the home screen with the keyboard closed. is this default or did i mess something up?? thx

Advertisement
  2. LincKraker

LincKraker Well-Known Member

doesn't rotate on home screen for me.

3. yourm0m1

yourm0m1 Active Member

only landscape with keyboard open, as soons as closed rotates back to portait

4. emcube

emcube Active Member This Topic's Starter

thanx guys... :D no need to worry then....

5. TRNB

TRNB Member

I actually had the same dilemma, as I could have sworn the first couple days I had the phone the accelerometer changed the orientation of the home screen with the keyboard closed. I actually called Samsung and asked them if there is some sort of hidden setting I wasn't seeing or if I had a defective phone, but they told me thats how it is. I dunno, maybe I was high the first few times I used it...weird.

6. akasan

akasan Active Member

Mine changes orientation with the keyboard closed. I am running panda home (it's like open home but free) but I don't think that has anything to do with it. Maybe I was high but the first few days I had it before i installed panda I think I remember it changing orientation as well.

7. akasan

akasan Active Member

If you go into settings---sound and display, is the orientation box checked or unchecked?

8. Quicksand Jesus

Quicksand Jesus Member

Mine doesn't rotate on the home screen either, unless I open the keyboard. So if I install this panda home, will it fix the problem?

9. agent0014

agent0014 Well-Known Member

I know for a fact that mine didn't when I got it, but started to sometime shortly after installing OpenHome. So I think many home page replacements make the option available? At least OpenHome does.

10. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

Default home does not. Open home does, and sometimes ended up doing some screwy things to my homescreen (like getting the launcher stuck sideways even when the phone and everything else went upright):confused:
    The Default home only turns sideways if you have the keyboard out.

11. Obscurum

Obscurum New Member

This is also driving me insane. My Samsung Moment Home Screen absolutely did Auto-Orientate. Then about an hour ago it just stopped doing it. I want to know why it stopped.

I have read far to many posts of people swearing that their Moment used to Auto-Rotate and then just stopped for there not to be truth to it.

How many people have had this problem? And if you know how to fix it, how?

12. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

It does NOT re-orient to landscape mode by default. Home replacements that are available for download make this possible, though it is not with the default home app.

13. flam253

flam253 Member

install themes and it will rotate w/keyboard closed

14. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

With a home replacement. Will not function as this with the default home app.

15. Eric-VTX

Eric-VTX Well-Known Member

Yes! It will not rotate with stock ahome! But I have openhome and it does rotate...My wife and I both have them and her's is stock and mine with openhome it rotates....

16. dkjones96

dkjones96 Well-Known Member

I got mine to glitch and stay with the app menu on the right when it went back to portrait. Wish I could keep it that I liked it :(