Quick Question

Last Updated:

1. namu1107

namu1107 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I am using SuaveSmush as my current rom, but I wanted to try a FROYO rom out. I am currently using A2SD. When I flash the new rom, it says that the card is damaged or not recognized, and when I click on it, it wants me to reformat it. If the ROM (froyo) supports A2SD, shouldn't I be able to use it right away, or do I have to revert back to an earlier state with the SD card and then repartition it when on froyo?

Advertisement
  2. DDustiNN

DDustiNN Well-Known Member

Froyo uses a different method of a2sd which requires an unpartitioned SD card, so it must be reformatted and remove partitions. Make sure to back up the contents to your computer first.

3. es0tericcha0s

es0tericcha0s Well-Known Member

Yes the a2sd set up is different on Froyo roms. You will need to back up your sd card to the computer, then reboot into recovery. Select Repartition and set swap and ext to 0. Reboot and then readd everything and you'll be good to go. Once you start up the Froyo rom, you'll have to go into the Settings > Cyangenmod > Application Settings and check that the apps can move to sd card. You can go back through via a file manager, Settings > Application Management > Select app > Move to SD card, or an app such as Titanium Backup to move everything over.