Quick question.Support

Last Updated:

1. KingDong

KingDong Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What would be the best way to back up my contacts and bookmarks ready for the update that im about to do?

Advertisement
  2. Mitek

Mitek Well-Known Member

There's an app that comes with your phone called backup and restore. Use it.

3. KingDong

Was just wondering because it does wipe out the data but not to sure about that but thanks anyway.

4. ankh

ankh Well-Known Member

If you sync your contacts to your gmail that should do it. Its in the setting I do believe but dont have my phone to hand to tell you where it is exactly

5. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

You can copy your contacts to your SD card just to be safe... I have seen complaints that the back up and restore thing doesn't always save the contacts. This was apparently with the new version released by SE for the update. I do wonder if they had sync ticked for contacts, which on the current backup and restore means that contacts aren't saved. Being the cautious type I would get them saved in as many places as I can cos to me they are the most important commodity on my phone.

6. KingDong

Ok thank you, time to update my phone.

7. powerkiter

powerkiter Well-Known Member

I use the SE sync option to backup contacts and you can also view them on Media Go if your phone is lost, flat battery blah blah blah, and for your book marks I have always used Dolphin that has a plug-in app allows you to save your bookmarks to the SD card.

If you use ADW dont forget to go into the settings and back up your settings and layouts and when you reinstsall ADW on the 2.1 it will be just the way you left it :D

8. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Ahem, did I mention me being the over cautious type... SE synced but now turned off on phone but they are still in the cloud, Google Mail and still syncing, saved to SD card and also exported from Google to my Outlook account on my netbook. So barring an asteroid striking planet earth and wiping out the population, my contacts should be somewhere.

I will now go away and be sad and tragic in my strange little world!

9. X10iUser

X10iUser Well-Known Member

Be careful with the default app, a good few people have had trouble restoring after updating to 2.1, so make sure to use something else too.

10. powerkiter

powerkiter Well-Known Member

I was not on about the SE back up app, but the sync option in the settings menu "Accounts & Sync".

11. KingDong

Update successful, just setting up my menu now. start up took really long thou :(

I switched to LauncherPro aswell, much better.

12. Holger_Danske

Holger_Danske Well-Known Member

I never had good luck with SE sync. It always did the opposite of what I wanted. I had my contacts wiped out every other day...
    I switched to Gmail and haven't had a problem since...
    just saying...