quick question

Last Updated:

1. wyobull

wyobull New Member This Topic's Starter

This should be an easy question. I have the Droid should I wait for 2.1 and then root or root now? Thanks in advance for the help.

Advertisement
  2. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Root now or you will likely lose the ability to do it after the 2,1 update. Also don't accept the
    OTA, use a 2.1 ROM once the devs release one.

3. wyobull

Will 2.1 stop me from rooting?

4. droidx

droidx Well-Known Member

i have one too, im running sholes 2.0.2, i ran the sholes map update, and then my maps didnt work, i ran the maps update from the market, maps work, now a bunch of shit crashes. i want to run the taz 950 with the temp monitor on it, how do i go about running that, keeping my maps, and sholes 2.0.2 at the same time? is that possible, and if not out of the following things:

having my maps work working
    TazKern950m with temp monitor
    sholes 2.0.2

what should i do to make the above work together, or is any of that possible?

thanks

5. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

That is what CPR is saying - that the Official 2.1 will close the hole that is in the current 2.0.x builds that allow the phones to be rooted.

That is not saying another method will not be found, but until that new method is found, once you take the official 2.1 you'll be waiting until something new is 'discovered'.

6. wyobull

Okay I rooted my phone using the sholes market download. It just seemed safer for a nuub. My question - now what ?:confused: