• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Quick Question!!

The average user will never hit 4GB of data usage per month... Unless you're downloading and streaming large files on a regular basis you shouldn't ever come close...

Yeah, that is exactly what Verizon says too, but you wouldn't know it or believe it if you had my husband's phone.

Thank you for your reply.

Last Question (I'm sure):

Is it important or preferred or is there a disadvantage to a rooted phone?

~Sass

Reactions: mattmilw
Upvote 0
The only disadvantage is voiding your warranty - although there are ways to return to stock should you need warranty service so it's not really an issue anymore.

Rooting your phone allows access to protected system files. Custom ROMs use this to add features and customize.

The advantages are being able to install custom ROMs and kernels as well as use apps that require root access. I personally rooted my S3 2 days after I got it and installed a custom ROM and kernel. No regrets. Check the All Things Root section for your carrier to learn more :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones