Quick questions about the InnocaseAccessories

Last Updated:

1. nochance

nochance Member This Topic's Starter

What's the difference between Innocase and Innocase II, and will either of them hide the light leakage that we've all grown to love. :rolleyes:

Advertisement
  2. jrstinkfish

jrstinkfish Well-Known Member

The Innocase will scratch up your Evo, so it's best to just stay away from their products.

3. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

and stinks comments will spread false rumors and untruths. The revised Innocase is actually pretty solid. I was really hating the original version, but the revised one that's out now makes for a solid fit and doesn't scratch the phone. If you search for innocase in this forum you'll see multiple threads that will give better info than the lackluster comment above. If you're going to buy it, get the combo with the holster on Amazon. Best price around.

4. jrstinkfish

I bought an Innocase from BB, and after it scratched my phone, I received a replacement case from Seidio, the "new and improved" version. For a few weeks, the fit was perfect and I was happy with the case, but it also began to loosen and, lo and behold, added my scratches to my case. They are sending me yet another replacement case which I will probably sell -- I am skeptical it will fare any better than the other two.

Credit where credit is due though: It did protect my Evo during a fall, so I suppose the scratches are better than a cracked screen.

Please see the thread about this in the reviews section before you accuse me of spreading "false rumors and untruths." I'm not the only one experiencing this with the replacement cases that were sent out.

As I said, I'd stay away from the Innocases unless you want a case that scratches your phone. If you enjoy seeing scuffs and scratches along the edges, then I highly recommend it.

5. dbpaddler

again, if you follow the threads, you'll see people that got a supposedly revised case, but it was still not the final one. The final one has a lot more rubberization around it. I've been popping mine in and out while doing the root thing and haven't had an issue. Though personally, if you repeatedly take a phone in and out of any case that has it slide, you're bound to get it stretched. Specks of dust and whatever get inside and slide and scrape. Gel cases have micro-motion to them so if any particles get inside them they can scrape too. No case will be perfect in that regards unless you put it in and forget about it. Just like sliding a phone into a cradle. Over time, it's going to create a mark or two.

6. jrstinkfish

Well, it created more than a mark or two on my phone. I'm not sure how many exchanges I need to go through before I get a case from Seidio that won't chew up my phone, but I'm done trying. I rarely took my phone out of the case -- it was only when I did after a few weeks that I noticed new scuffs and scratches. It's not just the coating, or lack of, that is the main cause of the marks, it's the eventual flexing that will occur. Add all the rubber you want, the case is still going to loosen after a few weeks, and while it may not scratch, it will still creak and flex and piss you off that you spent $30 on it.

I'm sure there are people out there who have great luck with the cases. But it seems to be the luck of the draw -- buying a protective case and hoping you've gotten one that won't scratch your phone seems a little counter-intuitive. Which is why I recommend people stay away from the Innocase.

7. dbpaddler

I sympathize with ya. I'm just not sure if you're in the majority at this point if you go through the other threads.

I've had the improved case for well over a month. In and out of the holster, pocket, car mount and so on. Popped it in and out for battery pulls and no issues.

8. Bagua

Bagua Well-Known Member

Get the active with the holster you'll love it like I do. No scratches no problems and the finish is tops.

9. GREYHOUND

GREYHOUND Active Member

ive got an innocase surfase 2 case gen 1. the scatchy one. waiting for the replacement to ship. dont know if it scratched the phone, but i dropped it from 4 feet onto pavement twice and the phone has survived.