Quick questions...

Last Updated:

1. jmims

jmims Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm getting my Droid X next Friday, coming from a rooted Droid. I was thinking about rooting the DX before actually activating it by doing the Android screen corner taps; mainly because I want to install Titanium Backup using ADB, so that I can go ahead and restore all of my apps without having to wait for a Market sync, and so that I don't have to go back into each app and set them up. My question (well... more like a couple questions) is installing an app using ADB all that safe?--I read somewhere it was kind of sketchy. And would it even be safe to outright bypass activation/setup to root and do this? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. jmims

jmims Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Uuuhhmmm... anyone?

3. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

Why do you have to do all this before you activate it? And what is the screen tap root method and does it even work on the x? You can restore your apps with TB without all that abd stuff. It seems like your trying to do something the hard way to me. Activate, root, install TB, restore apps + data.

4. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree there is no reason to do it any other way. And adb installing stuff works just fine I used to do it alot