Quick questionsSupport

Last Updated:

1. J S Machine

J S Machine Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just got my X today and I must say this phone is amazing. I am trying to learn everything I can. Tomorrow I plan to read the entire user manual and really get to know it. Right now, two things are driving me nuts. I am new to droid phones coming from BB, and I need some help.

I have a contact picture on one of my home screens with two + signs up under it. I can't figure out how to get it off of my home screen. Any hints?

If I download and app and I decide I don't want it, How do I get rid of it?

Sorry for the (probably stupid) questions, but these two things are really bugging me at the moment. Thanks for the help.

Advertisement
  2. AFAngryWarrior

AFAngryWarrior Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Droid. To remove any "Widget" from your home screen like the contact widget your describing simply click and hold down on the widget then drag it to the "Trash Can" at the bottom of the screen. Hold it over the trash can and release. This will remove it from the home screen.

To remove an application if you dont like it from the home screen hit your menu key, go to settings then "Applications". Find the application you no longer want and click on it then click "Uninstall"

3. lamoglinsgal

lamoglinsgal Well-Known Member

Hi, and welcome. :)

For the contact picture, try pressing and holding until it vibrates. Then you should be able to drag it to the trash icon on the bottom.

For apps, you can either uninstall from the market, or go to settings, applications, manage applications and select and uninstall from there.

4. J S Machine

J S Machine Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks folks. I got the app thing taken care of. Now this may seem like a dumb question but i do not see a trash can at the bottom of my screen. I can click and hold on this contact thing and the screen buzzes...of course then it moves,but i don't see a trash can. I have a app launcher thing in the middle and something on either side of it.