quick questions

Last Updated:

1. okkiedokki

okkiedokki Member This Topic's Starter

I have two really quick question, my work is now paying for my Droid line, I need to go to the Verizon store to have them transfer contacts from my old work phone to my Droid. Is it going to write over the numbers I already have in my phone? My second question is my Droid is rooted with BB 0.4, is that going to be an issue when I go into the Verizon store? I'm not sure they would notice its rooted since they shouldn't go into any settings but maybe someone else knows more.

Advertisement
  2. aioka

aioka Member

It should just import the contacts into your existing list. The only problem you might run into there is if you have a duplicate name it could over write that or if you get lucky just merge it.

rooting it really just depends on the store and tech you get. I don’t think most of them care and more than likely have theirs rooted as well. However you could get one that is a 'by the book' employee and they could report its rooted and void any warranty/support you have left on the phone.

3. jmt9779

jmt9779 Well-Known Member

why not just download google sync to your old work phone (assuming it's a smartphone) and sync your contacts from the old work phone to your gmail account, which would then sync them onto your Droid? if you want to keep everything separate, you could even set up a separate gmail account to do this. this is how i got all my contacts off my old blackberry and onto my Droid when i first bought it - I didn't have to have the VZW techs/salesperson do anything for me.

4. okkiedokki

okkiedokki Member This Topic's Starter

My old work phone is an LG flip phone so the google sync won't work. But that's a great idea about the Gmail account. That way I will keep my phone books separate. Thanks for the help.

Also, if they do void my support/warranty I could always use my NE2 since that is up right now.;)

Thanks for your help.