Quick reply application?Support

Last Updated:

1. Shamrock13

Shamrock13 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I've been using SMS Popup lately, but I've learned that it doesn't play well with the stock messaging application on the Droid X. It will send text messages that have been sent for a whole day back to certain contacts.

Anyway, I've just been wondering what else is a good application for quick reply? I love the interface of the standard messaging application. Sure, I wish I could change some colours, but I'm not going to worry about it as it works flawlessly for me. I just wish more people would start adding a quick reply feature with a feature to turn it off for those that don't care for it.

So has anyone come across any good applications like SMS Popup? I'm not really willing to go to Handcent or Chomp when stock app works just perfectly.

Advertisement
  2. ninjabox

ninjabox Member

I know you said you don't want handcent. But I love it. It has the quick reply and many other setting that you can change yourself. If you like the look of the stock app you can even make it look like that. IMO it's the best one

3. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

Doesn't the messages widget allow you to do a quick reply with the default messaging app?

4. Shamrock13

Thanks for the suggestion. I know how much customization there is to them, but when I had me Incredible, there was a noticeable lag if I had a lot of text mesages in there and sometimes the MMS wouldn't work properly. I'm going to stick with stock for now.

Yes, it does, but I'm actually looking for a pop up. I love being able to just send a message right from the one screen and go right back to where I was.

So basically when I say quick reply, I mean pop up notification that I can reply to.

5. Shamrock13

Anything?

6. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

I've used smspopup on all my past droids with no problems.

It's working perfectly on my X.

If there are delays "sending" I'll bet you are sending to an iphone user. I get this all the frakin' time where their phone won't send or receive until they move towers or reboot their precious iphone.

I don't think it's an X problem, but we don't know until you give us more details.

7. Shamrock13

The thing is, that's all the details I have. I had it installed and usually once out 3 times of restarting, it would resend previous text messages.

And there's no delay. The users I was texting were Verizon users on either a smartphone or dumb phone so I'm rather confused! D: I will test run it again for a little bit.

8. syntrix

Yeah, that's really weird! Might want to let the author know about this, and if you can repeat it a few more times!

SMS Popup - Android app on AppBrain

It's a great app! I just haven't seen this issue yet. You did disable all the stock "messaging" notifications, etc?

9. travishamockery

travishamockery Well-Known Member

sms popup does definitely resend texts on phone reboots. i've confirmed on 3 different x's so far. i emailed the developer about it, we'll see if there is an update.

10. Shamrock13

Yeah, I've emailed the Developer, but I received a canned response that said he's getting a billion emails and will try and check on it when he can.

And yes, it's the only notification I had going.
    Glad to see we've decided it is SMS Popup. I can fully testify it is, but I just wanted to make sure it was a fact and not just me claiming it! Thanks for letting me know!

11. syntrix

Crap. Got the ota this morning, and I checked my txt messages.

It resent the last 3 messages. I'm going to have some pissed friends, as they aren't up as early as I am.

Time to track this smspopup bug, ugh.

EDIT:
    I started a new thread here about this bug.
    http://androidforums.com/support-tr...823-smspopup-resends-txt-messages-reboot.html

There's a link to a report I made about the bug on google's code site, too.

12. Azathot

Azathot Well-Known Member

Sorry to say it but it's not smspopup doing it. Just read another thread with people reporting the same issue without smspopup installed. Even handcent users are reporting the same problem.

I think it's the phone itself... we need to address this with the android devs directly.

13. KBS10

KBS10 New Member

Can anyone tell me if you can send a message using the sms popup quick reply feature...I know I can reply but I can't figure out how to send a quick reply? Thanks so much in advance...I am new to site and the droid ...thanks