Quick rom question / request

Last Updated:

1. tuckface1

tuckface1 Member This Topic's Starter

Are there any roms for the eris taht basically are a slimmed down, nothing to it rom... like i'm talking. i want sms/mms, email, the phone, the internet, and the market... so i can add thigns i want, but otherwise, i want nothing really... (of course standard wifi/3g/bluetooth/gps hardware stuff) but a slim nothing rom. & of course, i wudn't complain if it looked good too & improved performance of the stock messaging app & the dialer and stuff... i'm really a fan of Zen-EXP_Eris but there's still a lot i don't need... so is this rom anywhere and i've managed to look past it? or if not, what would it take to get somebody to make it, or to make it myself...?

Thanx

Advertisement
  2. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

3. tuckface1

is it just cyanogen with like adw.launcher on it or smtn?

4. darkside

darkside Well-Known Member

5. tuckface1

i'm actually looking more for a majorly stripped down rom where it's like, the original android launcher (or the froyo one) and then has like none of the apps or anything (if i want fb, i'll installed it from the market) type idea... so basically like a nothing rom.. lol, no sense, no apps, no anything essentially :) (idt this exists unfortunately)

6. darkside

darkside Well-Known Member

A nothing rom does not exist, You either have sense based roms or vanilla based roms, without either of these you would have no way of doing anything on your phone as these are pretty much like your Operating Systems for your phone. Plane_Jane is about as stripped as i think you are going to get.

7. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

It's been a while since I flashed it. I know it's Cyanogen, I think it's the default launcher, or perhaps the Nexus launcher. If it is adw, you could always switch to normal home and remove adw.

I'm not sure what "smtn" means.

8. tuckface1

vanilla is basically the stock launcher i assume? as opposed to having sense...? & nobody out there has made a rom that is a launcher with only stock apps you can't get from the market? like just sms & gmail type idea...? & wat would you suggest as the best vanilla rom then, putting stipped aside, but overall, best looking, most functional? (btw, smtn is just me being too lazy to spell out something)

9. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

The other one that I tried a while ago is Senseless, but the developer doesn't seem to be doing much with it. I don't think that it's overclockable without flashing a new kernel yourself, or something like that, but I believe that it's just stock Android Open Source.

It's in xda-developer. I'm too lazy to go find the link for you.

10. tuckface1

haha no worries, i've looked at senseless and it didn't really appeal to me. Instead i decided to flash my current favorite rom (ZenEXP-Eris_REV7) and then i deleted Rosie and am using LauncherPro instead (was using ADW but dev seemed to fall off teh face a the earth a month ago or so) & then i've slowly just been deleteing things and making lots of nandroid backups and restores, so i've got rid of all the apps i don't need :) & once i get a c-compiler running and get a java JDK for mac, i'll cook a rom myself... :) (i tried to run a kitchen i downloaded without either of those, and maybe it's because i wasn't doin to much, but it seemed to work without the c-compiler & without java jdk...)
    but thank you anyway.