Quick ?'s on the 2.1 Leak vs. rootingGeneral

Last Updated:

1. paligap

paligap Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am sure this has been answered in the forums somewhere but I have read through some and am getting confused...if someone can just answer the following it would help me a lot- getting anxious about the 2.1 update from VZW/HTC - I want it and I want it now....

Thanks in advance -

The 2.1 leak

- will I get the OTA updated for 2.1 if I am on the leak? I am very anxious to get the new Sense UI and access to 2.0 apps
    - what is the difference between "root 2.1" and "leak 2.1" - just the HTC Sense?
    - Can I root my phone and then put the 2.1 leak on?
    - Can I go back to 1.5 from 2.1 leak if I need to?

Thanks again - love the forums and love my Eris - just want the fancy new Sense UI....and somehting to do at work today considering everyone ELSE is off!!!

Advertisement
  2. bjf88

bjf88 Well-Known Member

Answers in bold. Disclaimer: I am not much of an expert, so if someone else has more knowledge, please feel free to correct or add anything.

paligap likes this.
  3. droidkevlar

droidkevlar Well-Known Member

DDustiNN likes this.
  4. DDustiNN

DDustiNN Well-Known Member

5. paligap

Thanks so much for replying - I appreciate the quick, concise answers...

LOVE THESE FORUMS - Caddyman, OTD, Matlock (I am sure I am forgetting someone) are all great on helping out the community. All my friends are on Iphones and I was tempted to get one but then saw the DROID (can anyone read that word and not hear the DROID from the ad in their head - hahaha) and fell in love...

I am 99% going to do the update today to the leak - tired of waiting and want the newest, latest, greatest (true definition of a gadget geek, huh?).

6. paligap

droidkevlar -

Thanks - I know there are but I was getting really confused on the terminology. Appreciate the link - saw that but, again, was getting confused...

Think I am going to take the plunge today to 2.1