Quick Samsung Moment Messaging question.Support

Last Updated:

1. redman2563

redman2563 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, Ive read about the htc hero and how it had or still may have the battery problem, while using the messaging app. I was wondering if the samsung moment had the same issue or if its non existent. Some people said I should get handcent instead but it seems kind of redundant having two apps. what do you think? any input on the subject is welcome and thank you in advance for your time.
    -Redman

Advertisement
  2. Adrift

Adrift Well-Known Member

I prefer Handcent just for the customization options... though I don't think there is the same problem as in the Hero

3. awrnsmn

awrnsmn Well-Known Member

Same here, I like the way the Handcent works, there is not any of the problems like with the Hero.

4. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member

Not to mention that this phone will actually run Handcent very smoothly....unlike the lagginess of the Hero.

5. kayawire

kayawire Well-Known Member

I used the Handcent on the Hero but since I got the Moment, I have just been using the default Messaging App.... No Problems whatsoever :D

...I'm also not using any TaskKiller/Manager, and whenever I'm multitasking and I check my internal memory, I always have above 200.... not so with the Hero!

6. Edaze55

Edaze55 Well-Known Member

Same thing here. Used Handcent on my Hero, but have yet to install it on the Moment.

7. danoooo

danoooo New Member

I also didn't feel the need for Handcent on the Moment. It's a nice app, but I like the Moment just the way it is. The Hero on the other hand.....

8. dkjones96

dkjones96 Well-Known Member

How do you check memory?

9. kayawire

kayawire Well-Known Member

From your home screen: press menu->Settings->Sd Card & Phone Storage

10. jayford00

jayford00 Active Member

please excuse me if this has already been asked in another forum but I haven't seen it. Is there a way to uninstall the preloaded software that comes on the Moment? Nothing personal to Nascar fans, I personally don't care for it and therefore have no use for the app on my phone (along with a couple others that'll never be used)

11. Edaze55

Edaze55 Well-Known Member

Im assuming, just like it as on the Hero, you couldnt remove the Sprint Apps. Yea, it sucks, but Im guessing that was done so people wouldnt delete it and cry they couldnt find it on Market if they changed their minds.

12. jayford00

jayford00 Active Member

well, that's awesome lol But I can understand why its that way. Another question actually about messaging this time. Has anyone sent a text to an email account? I've been doing this for years and now it seems like I can't get a message to the account without it showing up as a picture mail that wont open. It's no big deal, just makes communication with my roommate while she's at work a little easier. I've also sent messages to my email addy from both the installed SMS and with Handcent, both with equal results... Just a little odd.

13. dkjones96

dkjones96 Well-Known Member

I think that the memory you are looking at is storage. That should remain fairly constant except for new downloaded emails and apps. Mine is at 222MB, not bad since my old phone was 45MB after a master reset!

But there are soooo many apps for this thing though that I'm sure it fills up fast.

14. redman2563

I have another question,while entering text, my virtually keyboard kinda lags. It's a little better using handcent but it's not comletely fixed. What do go think? Should I have sprint take a look at it or is this common with the moment

15. redman2563

Bump

16. wattershed

wattershed Member

I have a slight lag on the virtual keyboard as well, and I don't really think there's any way to outright "fix" it - it could be trying to autocomplete your words, if you have that on, so perhaps try to turn all that off and see if it makes a difference? For what it's worth I think there's a touch of it as well using the physical keyboard, so it's more likely a matter of it simply displaying what you're typing slower instead of it receiving your input slower.

17. Invader DJ

Invader DJ Member

Is it possible to uninstall the default messaging program? Or a way to set handcent as the default SMS client? I don't know much about Android, but couldn't find a way to do it.

18. redman2563

There is no way to unistall the default messaging app you can only sort of disable it to a ceratain extent. Because although its disabled its still running in the back because the messages arrive there first and then they get pushed over to handcent. Make sure to disable notifications for the default app otherwise youre going to have multiple notifications.